Intern Buying Analyst
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
To apply for the position below, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Intern, based at one of the Dragon Sourcing offices, will be a full member of the pool of Buying Analysts supporting Dragon Sourcing’s client work. To succeed in this mission, the Intern will be an integral part of a client delivery team, supervised by an experienced Category Manager. He will be exposed to Dragon Sourcing’s methodologies by working on all aspects of a sourcing cycle from supplier identification and selection through to Quality Control of outgoing goods at suppliers premises.
- Screen and pre-select potential suppliers through a Request For Information (RFI) in order to establish a shortlist of suppliers to include in the RFP process
- Help build and administer Request For Proposals (RFPs)
- Support supplier quality audits
- Analyse supplier responses to RFPs and help develop negotiation strategies
- Support the development of a sourcing Business Case document
- Carry out fact based negotiations with suppliers
- Participate in recommendations about which supplier(s) to select
- Help manage clients’ Purchase Orders
- Support QC at supplier factory
- Academic background: University degree, preferably in engineering and/or business administration, economics or other relevant discipline
- A recognized qualification in procurement would be considered an asset
- Experience: Some professional experience (previous internships) in sourcing or procurement, preferably working for a global organization
- Language skills: Proficiency in the local language and English is essential. Working proficiency in French is also an asset.
- PC skills: High proficiency in Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- The minimum term is for 6 months and the candidate is preferably in his/her last year of studies and will be looking for a full time position at the end of his internship.