Recent studies have mentioned Turkey as one of the best outsourcing countries in the world. The country, after having faced some backlash, has clawed its way back again at the top of the headlines despite many doubting its stability still. However, according to statistics, this regional power-broken has 75 million citizens and enjoys many structural facilities that ultimately gives the country an upper hand in the market. If the fiscal profit is taken into account, Turkey was one of the largest economies of the world back in 2014 with its GDP increasing rapidly. In the last ten years, the per capita income of Turkey has risen considerably, much to the satisfaction of the Turkish government.
The pressure of maintaining and stabilizing the GDP has enabled many youngsters to opt for outsourcing as their profession. The young people of this country are educated and multilingual, traits that come in handy for most sourcing companies. Most Turkish men are seen to have been seeking a career in service industries. This has already led to a higher growth spurt in the infrastructure of IT industries, software and application development, web development and hosting.
Outsourcing Production from Turkey
Despite being a low-wage country, Turkey has always been an attractive option from where foreign entrepreneurs prefer to outsource their products. Compared to other parts of Western Europe, Turkey has a considerably lower labor cost. But that does not mean that the outsourcing companies are compromising with the outcome. In fact, the Turkish industries have shown impressive growth and are slowly coming at par with the standards of Western Europe. Some sectors even enjoy a worldwide reputation. The steel industry in Turkey is preferred by businessmen all over the world. Moreover, the Turkish government has created some favorable economic circumstances that push the entrepreneurs to come to this country for outsourcing. The incentives are too lucrative to ignore for anyone, and enterprises from other countries take advantage of that.
There are a number of factors included here.
- good manufacturing location
- product’s industrial quality
- manufacturer’s financial reputation
- organizational level
- labor quality
However, you must make a comparison data on Turkey sourcing before proceeding so as to make a sound decision. Talk to several potential manufacturers and weigh your options before jumping on to the first one you come across.
Apart from the above-mentioned points, you will also need to gather information about the industrial and the current economic condition of the country. The policies, as suggested by the Turkish government, vary in different sectors, and thus you have to tread carefully. Knowing the legal requirements from beforehand will help in avoiding any outsourcing operational glitches in the future. One small mistake and your business can go down the gutter. Surely that is not a desirable situation! After you have finally shortlisted the potential companies and agents, contact them before proceeding with the business. Know your future business partners before shaking hands with them.
Skills of a Turkish Agent
A good agent supports you throughout the entire process and maintains transparency with you. A Turkish agent is no exception. He has several skills up his sleeves that have helped him to become one of the most successful agents. Moreover, years of experience in different sourcing companies have honed his skills, and he knows your exact requirements right from the beginning. Take a look at the following qualities to know how he benefits your production:
- Negotiation – For a good agent, there must be some factor that would allow you to go to him at a cheaper price. The very reason why you are outsourcing your product is to make some profit. Without the agent having negotiating capabilities, you cannot hope to achieve this. He must have the skill to collaborate with the necessary vendors and suppliers and make sure to draw benefits for both teams. Turkish agents use their negotiation skills to work with different vendors in the process of production in the least amount without compromising on the quality. Their skills are unparalleled in this field.
- Analytical Skills – With this, a good agent will know how to extract useful information from the raw data. If he has rational analyzing skills, he will know the exact ways to interpret the data and find a way for the client to benefit from it. Turkish agents use this skill to determine the pricing of the goods. Reasonable pricing is not always asked by the vendors, and the agents evaluate the financial reports to bring a change in the way. They take the market condition and the pricing structure into account and make the changes accordingly.
- Financial Skills – This skill enables the agent to understand the financial data after analyzing it thoroughly. As you reach out to Turkey for your business, you will find the agents with prolific financial skills that would help in the final cost of your production. It is essential for outsourcing agents to go through and review the reports accurately at the time of estimating the price for services and goods. Without sound financial skills, the agent will not be able to deliver you the outcome he had promised.
- Problem Solving – It is the duty of the good agent to make the process of Turkey sourcing as smooth as possible. If he has the ability to solve complex problems, he will be able to identify the issues from beforehand and find a solution to it. The Turkish agents have been seen to review the given information thoroughly in order to come up with creative solutions. They use this skill to procure good quality products and services at the lowest possible rate. Choosing an item as an alternative to a more expensive demographic is an ideal example of how the agent solves the complex problem and smoothens the outsourcing.
Thus, it can be safely said that Turkey has emerged to be one of the best countries for outsourcing in recent times. While there are still some challenges, the country is trying its best and overcoming one problem at a time.