Die casting is a method employed to cast molten metal mold cavities in order to produce the desired shape of the metal. This is a widespread metal manufacturing process, which is adapted to manufacture an array of metal products from simple paper clips to complex automobile machine parts. In this metal casting process, the metal is melted under high pressure and the molten liquid fills up a mold cavity. The liquid hardens inside the cavity and produces the desired shape. Most often, metal manufacturers have to undergo an additive manufacturing process post-processing of metals where the metal receives finishing touches like smoothing. But with die casting, the requirement for the post-manufacturing machining process can be entirely minimized, and therefore, used to manufacture metallic parts in excess. Die casting is a favored method of manufacturing metal parts in bulk in aerospace, automotive, and power tool industries.
Die Casting in China
Industries in the Asia-Pacific region, especially the manufacturing sectors and automotive industries are generously getting inclined towards the die casting method. The ever-increasing demand of various industries to deploy this metal casting process has led to the creating of die casting hubs in many countries, particularly in China sourcing agencies. There is also another reason for the drive attained in Asian countries to source die-casted metals from China: The ‘Made in China’ strategy adopted and implemented by the Chinese manufacturers is essentially aimed at accelerating the casting process in several different industrial sectors. China has cheaper labor production cost. Therefore, countries that outsource metal casting requirements to China usually get their hands on a comparatively cheap deal. In the current times, besides the government-affiliated Chines companies, the private organizations have willing become more professional and competitive in manufacturing die casting substances.
The increasingly competitive mindset, low production cost, and cheap labor fees of the Chinese manufacturers have placed this country in a leading position to manufacture enterprise-grade metal-die casting components, which has accounted for 45 percent of the casting production capacity in the world. The voluminous production capacity of these casting metals had reached 3.7 million tons in 2015. Based on this rate, the manufacturers calculated and registered a thirteen percent increase in the last two decades.
It seems quite attractive to outsource die casting requirements to China sourcing agents especially after witnessing such drastic continuous boost in the manufacturing process. So, if you, too, are interested in outsourcing similar requirements to China, you need to invest your precious time in finding high-quality metal die-casting manufacturers in the country. Here are the steps to do so.
Before you proceed with gaining knowledge on the required steps, you need to have clarity on the quality you will require. You need to ensure that you very well know about your product requirements, the volume you want to outsource, the price you want to pay, and the kind of manufacturer you want to work with. Deciding on these vital points and answering these questions will ease your manufacturer searching process and you will be fortunate enough to work with the right group. So, without any further ado, let’s get down to the steps.
- China has a range of manufacturers who work at different levels to produce die-casting metals. You need to decide on the level of die casting vendor you want to work with prior to initiating a negotiation process. If your requirement is quite precise and is bound to receiving stringent quality product, it is better to reach out to the bigger factors who already have an established quality control process. if your budget is what you are concerned about more, you can reach out to the lower factors and partner with die casting vendors who can willingly offer economically convenient manufacturing option.
So, your prime focus needs to be on your budget at this stage. Decide on your approximate budget, including landed expenses, packaging, handling fee, shipping, and custom fee.
- The next step is search for the different level die-casting China sourcing manufacturers. The typical places to search for them include marketplaces and B2B platforms such as Global Sources, DHGate, Alibaba.com, TradeKey, and Made in China. You can also initiate your searching process by attending trade fairs organized in China such as the Canton Fair and get yourself a reliable manufacturer to work with. Additionally, China organizes many International trade fests that connects Chinese manufacturers and overseas buyers. Chinese manufacturers use this platform to showcase die casting components and promote mutual learning opportunities.
- The very next step aims at learning about the manufacturer’s background. Checking through details including location of the factory, its capabilities and size, reviews and ratings of the manufacturing company’s website. If the company has its name registered in the Gold membership status of Alibaba.com, it means it has undergone a tough vetting level and successfully passed the stringent checks conducted by Global Sources to ensure supplier authenticity. So, you can narrow down you manufacturer’s list by getting four to five of them from tis website who potentially meet your requirements.
- Step four will require you to visit the manufacturer in person. If not you essentially, any one of your trusted employees. A personal visit will help you gain deeper knowledge about the authenticity, quality control measures, and capabilities of the manufacturer. After you successfully have your dies-casting Chinese manufacturer, it is time to initiate a negotiation process where you discuss about the prices. You will eventually have to create a NDA and OEM business contract in order to describe the product specifications, order quantity, lead time, and other terms.
- Step five will majorly focus on creating a communicating window with the die-casting supplier. Discussion about the ongoing contracts will become easier through this window, which will consequently help you receive project updates and allow you to monitor the entire process closely and regularly.
- The final step will need you to choose a shipping method and communicate with the China sourcing freight forwarders to make sure you receive your metal parts safely and on time.
These are the steps you have to follow in order to get work with a quality die-casting manufacturing company in China.